Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) against HIV is a medical treatment protocol that involves the daily consumption of medication to prevent HIV infections.
The daily consumption of the HIV medication Truvada® (emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) reduces the likelihood of an uninfected individual getting HIV infected.
PrEP HIV Video
PrEP HIV References
- HIV/AIDS Pre-exposure prophylaxis @who.int
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) @cdc.gov
- PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PrEP) @aids.gov
- What is PrEP?
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) @thebody.com
- WHAT IS PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PREP)? @avert.org
- PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PREP) FOR HIV PREVENTION @avert.org
PrEP HIV News
- 2015 November – WHO EXPANDS RECOMMENDATION ON ORAL PREEXPOSURE
PROPHYLAXIS OF HIV INFECTION (PrEP) @who.int
- 2014 – PREEXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS FOR THE PREVENTION OF HIV INFECTION IN THE UNITED STATES – 2014 @cdc.gov
PrEP HIV Availability Singapore
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH)
- National University Hospital (NUH) – Be Prepared (BePrep) Clinic
- Shim Clinic – HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
PrEP HIV News Singapore
- 2016 December 6th, 6am – PrEP signals start of ‘new phase of HIV prevention’ @tnp.sg
- 2016 December 6th, 5am – What is PrEP? @straitstimes.com
- 2016 December 6th, 5am – New drug to prevent HIV infections available here @straitstimes.com
- 2016 December – PREP IS GOOD FOR THOSE AT HIGH RISK BUT ABSTINENCE, BEING FAITHFUL AND CONDOM USE ARE STILL IMPORTANT @gayhealth.sg